[Dev-luatex] opening up lua interpreter

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Nov 24 08:21:36 CET 2009

T T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw in another post that loading of binary modules has been enabled
> in luatex (great!) that requires a stock lua51.dll on Windows. I
> wonder if this side-effect that will last or pass?

This is not easy to answer. Right now, it is clearly a side-effect.

If we decide to keep the binary modules support (which is experimental
right now) then in the future, it would be nice to build our 'own' lua
dll. But that will require quite some changes to the build scripts
as well as a conceptual change to the distribution process. Not easy
to integrate that back into texlive.