[Dev-luatex] os.spawn and argv[1] with sapces

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Nov 23 18:56:13 CET 2009

Hi Tomek,

T T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have encountered a problem with os.spawn(arg) on Windows. If
> arg[1]='foo bar' and arg[0]=nil, then the spawned process gets 'foo'
> as argv[0] and 'bar' as argv[1]. This might be expected, since
> according to docs, os.spawn doesn't do any argument processing.

Let's put it this way: windows command line processing does not
agree with my neurons, so I have stayed way from it as much as
possible (and will continue to do so).

A good, clean patch would be welcome of course, but I myself will not
spend any more time on the stuff, not even for bug reports, as all that
would be accomplished by doing so is that it would give me a headache,
and there are much more pleasing ways to reach that state.