[Dev-luatex] [luatex 0000283]: PDF streams data should not be validated in UTF-8 regime

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Fri Nov 20 17:27:18 CET 2009

> can't you use the
>
> Output in byte-sized chunks can be achieved by using characters just
> outside of the valid Unicode range,
> starting at the value 1;114;112 (0x110000). When the times comes to
> print a character c> = 1;114;112,
> LuaTEX will actually print the single byte corresponding to c minus
> 1,114,112.
>
> trick?

Meybe, but dunno how to use it for pdf stream generated on my own.

> what exactly do you want to write to the pdf?

Lets take pdf function -- /FunctionType 0 -- a continuous sequence of
bits forming arbitrary bytes. Or take a lookup of /Indexed color spaces
that may also contain arbitrary data. How would you write byte 255 to
those streams?

I cannot find anything smarter then dumping the data to some external
file and let luatex load it from there using "file" keyword.

--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl