[Dev-luatex] XML abilities in LuaTeX

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Nov 18 07:46:55 CET 2009

Hi,

Hans Hagen wrote:
> TeXWorld wrote:
>
>> What about continuing this discussion on dynamic loading lua libraries ?
>
> in the current luatex beta you can load a library with 'require'

FYI, the current status is that require() handles only pure lua
libraries. We hope to extend that to compiled libraries as well, but
Windows is giving me a hard time: I have to alter the luatex build
process rather drastically because Windows requires me to create a
dll out of the embedded lua interpreter. Adding C library support
on other platforms is a breeze.

That new functionality will not invalidate any of Hans' comments.