[Dev-luatex] kpse.find_file

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Nov 1 08:28:33 CET 2009

Hi Reinhard,

You can debug the kpathsea in texlua just like you would a standalone
script by setting KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1 in the environment before running
the script, perhaps that will help.

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> I can strip down the texlua script:
> #!/usr/bin/env texlua
>
> if os.type == 'windows' then
>    kpse.set_program_name('ppower4.exe', 'ppower4')
> else
>    kpse.set_program_name('ppower4')

Also, have you tried

      kpse.set_program_name('ppower4', 'ppower4')

> The command
>
>   kpsewhich -format=texmfscripts pp4p.jar
>
> returns the correct path on both, Unix and Windows.  Hence, I think
> it's a LuaTeX problem.

Or you could try to set the program name to 'kpsewhich' (that is what
I usually do in standalone scripts).

The wrapper luatex provides around kpathsea is really shallow, so
I am just as surprised by this problem as you are.