[Dev-luatex] source repository

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:19:57 CEST 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 18:49, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Those of you that keep track of the repository cannot have
> helped but notice that it has indeed changes. Wat was
>    trunk/src
> is now
>    trunk/source,
> and the four build scripts have been replaced by just one.
>
> trunk/source is a subset of the new build system for texlive2009.

Hello Taco & Dick,

I have now [finally] managed to get my computer back to work
(neglecting some minor issues) and upgraded to Leopard.

To Taco - first thanks a lot for combining the building script into a
single one.

This is mainly a question to Dick, Arthur or any other Mac addict on
the list. I would like to be able to compile the binaries for OSX 10.4
and for PPC. Dick, how exactly do you compile the binaries for TeX
Live?

I have found some old Arthur's code that I will test now:

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4
SDK=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

CFLAGS="-isysroot ${SDK} -arch ppc"
XCFLAGS="-isysroot ${SDK} -arch ppc"
CXXFLAGS="-isysroot ${SDK} -arch ppc"
LDFLAGS="-arch ppc"
export CFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS XCFLAGS

Am I right in my assumptions that compiling for 10.3 is possible on
Tiger, but not on Leopard without some special tweaking of the system?
I will test and then ask for some changes in LuaTeX building script
that would enable owners of Leopard to compile for older OS, but since
Taco is trying to make the script TeX Live-ready, I would like to ask
"the expert" how to do it properly, so that the script will be usable
for both TeX Live and for stand-alone (cross-)compilation. If I
request some changes, it would make sense if they would not interfere
with TeX-Live building process.

Thanks a lot for any hint,
    Mojca

PS for Dick: I'm talking about possible modifications of
svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/trunk/build.sh, in particular
we now have this:

if [ "$PPCCROSS" = "TRUE" ]
then
  B=ppc
  CFLAGS="-arch ppc $CFLAGS"
  XCFLAGS="-arch ppc $XCFLAGS"
  CXXFLAGS="-arch ppc $CXXFLAGS"
  LDFLAGS="-arch ppc $LDFLAGS"
  export CFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS XCFLAGS
fi

I would like to request addition of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4 and
isysroot switch, after I test it of course.