[Dev-luatex] Problem with CFF fonts having em-size other than 1000

Jin-Hwan Cho jinhwan.cho at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:34:21 CEST 2009

On Mar 29, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 05:06:46PM +0900, Jin-Hwan Cho wrote:
>> 1. XeTeX may read upm2048cff.otf directly and xdvipdfmx write in the
>> CIDFontType0C
>> format. In this case, I could see the around two times bigger font.
>>
>> 2. I used TeX in the last sample, and generated PDF with dvipdfmx. In
>> this case the font
>> is written in the Type1C format. In this case, I could see the right
>> sized font.
>
> Not sure if this is useful, but Adobe's InDesign seems to write the
> fonts in Type1C format (at least this what "pdffonts" say). Attached a
> PDF generated by InDesign, if it is of any help.

Surely as I expected. Because the font was written in the Type1C format,
we have no problem in viewing the contents with Adobe Reader 9 and
Leopard's Preview.

Then there is only one way, that is, not to use the CIDFontType0C
format.
But how can we avoid this format in the case of non-latin fonts?

I think that because of this reason, Jonathan didn't do anything even
though
he already knew this problem very well.

Best regards, ChoF.