[Dev-luatex] positioning patch

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Mar 17 20:21:03 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:43:20PM +0100, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just uploaded a patch that should allow to typeset also vertically in
> PDF, and it also moves positioning code away from luatex.web into file
> pdf/pdfpage.c file. Please give it a try, and report what is broken.

I did a quick test using latex and beamer package, and found that luatex
appends some random strings to end of lines, things like "gg...rg..." or
"ggggg" etc. I'm not sure if this is related to positioning changes, but
in TRT mode those strings overlap on the mirrored line and don't get
mirrored them selves. This issue is in PDF mode only.

See the attached samples.

Regards,
 Khaled

--