[Dev-luatex] strange behaviour for \font arguments

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 12 19:26:40 CET 2009

Elie Roux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm playing with the XeTeX font syntax, and I found a very strange
> behaviour on the way \font argument is passed to the callback
> define_font...
>
> Here is a very small sample with which you will see strange differences
> between the \font argument and what is passed to define_font.

The font parser may think this is something in a subdirectory
(I am guessing, can't run the executable from here). You could
try putting the font name in braces for now, that should work
better:

   \font\foo={first strage/B:ehaviour} \foo
   \font\bar={[second-strange]/B:ehaviour} \bar

I will still need to be fixing the binary though, the quoted
approach should work just as well.