[Dev-luatex] Did somebody compile luaexpat into LuaTeX yet?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Mar 2 10:00:42 CET 2009

David Kastrup wrote:
> luaexpat would appear to be part of the Kepler project, similar to some
> existing LuaTeX modules.  My first naive attempts to drop luaexpat into
> the LuaTeX tree were not overly successful.  It is not quite clear to me
> what parts of the build structure (from Kepler and/or Luaforge?) are
> actually being used in the existing library modules of LuaTeX.
>
> Could someone give a brief summary what files I would be expected to
> change in order to drop this into the tree?

The build process of the module has to build a static version of
the module (or just a set of .o files); then luatexlib.mk needs extra
variable entries for calling that build process and linking its results
into the binary; then in lua/luastuff.c you have to add the appropriate
C function call to the luainterpreter() function.

Cross your fingers and run build.sh.