[Dev-luatex] encoding code issue

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Jun 20 10:38:55 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:15:10AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Yue Wang wrote:
>>>>
>>> OK. I understand. but can you put tolower into #ifdef too?
>>> tolower is only needed for macbinary.c for a filename related call.
>
> It is also used by the strmatch() function collection in Unicode/char.c,
> which themselves are used in various places all over the source.
>
> I have applied the patch for now (after checking all actual usages
> of those functions to make sure they do not need unicode) but I hope
> you see why this gets problematic? I will have to revert it back at the
> first instance of actual unicode strings that need to compared.

SVN revision 2541 doesn't even work for me, I get a FontForge error
whenever I run luatex, even with no files at all:

FontForge does not support your encoding (UTF-8), it will pretend the
local encoding is latin1
Internal Error: I can't figure out your version of iconv(). I need a
name for the UCS-4 encoding and I can't find one. Reconfigure
--without-iconv. Bye.

Regards,
 Khaled

--