[Dev-luatex] encoding code issue

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Jun 20 09:15:10 CEST 2009

Yue Wang wrote:

>> OK. I understand. but can you put tolower into #ifdef too?
>> tolower is only needed for macbinary.c for a filename related call.

It is also used by the strmatch() function collection in Unicode/char.c,
which themselves are used in various places all over the source.

I have applied the patch for now (after checking all actual usages
of those functions to make sure they do not need unicode) but I hope
you see why this gets problematic? I will have to revert it back at the
first instance of actual unicode strings that need to compared.