[Dev-luatex] synctex and text direction

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Fri Jun 12 02:19:39 CEST 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Jérome Laurens wrote:

> After some experiments, things are not so clear in my mind Here is a
> sample pdf that does not seem to fit the rules given by Hartmut It is
> an *LB or *RB direction sample and the characters are aligned top
> ignoring the baseline. What was wrong ?

1st page is right, with TLB glyphs hang downward, with their top aligned
at the baseline.

2nd page, ooops, with BRT they stand above the baseline with their
descenders, but they should be vertically positioned similarly to TLT.
And aleph does it right, a bug in luatex, i'll fix. Thanks for spotting
this.

btw, the attached file shows how the margins are set in the various
directions.

Regards, Hartmut