[Dev-luatex] synctex and text direction

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Jun 11 16:06:28 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I am currently digging into luatex to fix synctex support when
typesetting does not follow the standard ltr order.
Hartmut suggested to take a look at the box direction so I tried to
use the box_dir(aNode).
With a bit of reverse engineering, I found how to use this
information, but I need some confirmations from you.
For the moment, I focus on hlists and I have a few questions.

1) I found that \pardir ignores the first letter argument, is it
expected behaviour ?

2) What is the difference between \texdir LTB and \textdir RTB ?

3) for a box created with \texdir LTB , the height and the depth are
equal. Is it always true ?

4) I saw that text direction has something to do with rulers, but what
about the other nodes ?

On another respect, I see that none of luatex nor context command
supports the -synctex option.
Is there a special reason or is it just a bug ?

Regards