[Dev-luatex] Sorry, could not find required X include and library files

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jun 4 08:43:37 CEST 2009

Hi Paweł,

Paweł Jackowski wrote:
> After updating to [luatex repository] revision 2426 i get the
> following while trying build --make. Same on full rebuild.
> Do you get the same?

Not really the same because I actually have X11 headers, but yes,
it seems that a recent change in the configure scripts of texlive
means that X11 is now required unless yet another --without-something
option is added to the configure command line.

Can you please edit luatex's build.sh and add the line

   --without-mf-x-toolkit --without-x \

to the list of configure options? I hope that helps.

Hi Peter also,

when you get back, can you please change this? It a bit odd that
an explicit --disable-mf is not good enough to make the implicit
toolkit check disappear

PS I know the --without-x should not be needed, but I am getting
quite paranoid by now.