[Dev-luatex] trunk is broken

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Jul 14 11:40:27 CEST 2009

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick note: the TRUNK in the repository is broken at the moment
> and will likely remain broken for a day (two at the most, I hope). I
> am in the final stages of converting the pascal web code to C, and I
> needed to check the code in so I can continue working on it at the
> office.

Is that a plea for a distributed version control system?

At some point of time you might find it worth doing your checkouts with
"git svn" and then working with git.  One of the advantages is that you
can perfectly well work offline (including working with all of the
project history), and do that very efficiently.  Another is that
maintaining local branches (and moving them to another computer) is also
quite painless.

I've switched to using git for everything years ago, and "git svn" makes
that quite transparent to other people when working with Subversion
repositories.  Except that systems like "Trac" sometimes display things
in a somewhat mixed up if you make 5 commits in the same second...

--
David Kastrup