[Dev-luatex] Generating the sources

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 15:46:48 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Javier Múgica wrote:

> I decided to compile and debug LuateX myself. Something worth indeed if I
> ever plan to become a developper. It was the first time I tangled something.
> I saw a luatangle.web (if my memory does not betray me), so I started
> tangling that, but I get pascal code, and I don't have a pascal compiler. I
> haven't had time ever since, so I simply stopped.
>
> Is there a way of generating c-source, or will I have to wait to September
> or so? If there is one, even though I am a programer a step-by-step
> explanation will be very wellcome.

Hello Javier,

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I used Taco's hint last
time when I had to debug something.

In build.sh script you can comment out "strip" command and then you
can use the resulting binary with gdb debugger. (However you'll
probably need the right compiler as well, but first check if you are
able to run ./build.sh)

Mojca