[Dev-luatex] Generating the sources

Javier Múgica javier at digi21.eu
Thu Jan 29 18:32:41 CET 2009

Some time ago I had a problem with the fonts when generating the format,
which I posted here. New versions didn't solve it, I always get the annoying

Could not load ec-lmr12.tfm. Inexistent or bad font file,

or something like that.

I decided to compile and debug LuateX myself. Something worth indeed if I
ever plan to become a developper. It was the first time I tangled something.
I saw a luatangle.web (if my memory does not betray me), so I started
tangling that, but I get pascal code, and I don't have a pascal compiler. I
haven't had time ever since, so I simply stopped.

Is there a way of generating c-source, or will I have to wait to September
or so? If there is one, even though I am a programer a step-by-step
explanation will be very wellcome.

Tanks,
--Javier A.