[Dev-luatex] A few newbie questions

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jan 29 15:47:08 CET 2009

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> so, best use a recent version
>
> Well, I switch to the luatex in the current context minimals(0.31.3, I
> believe).
> I have a essay (typesetted in ConTeXt using TeXGyre Palatino font)
> which only have plain text and math formula.
> I compile the document using MKIV and MKII, and the linebreak results
> are very different.
> Maybe that's because MKIV and MKII are different. I will test some
> plain TeX document later.

this is not a topic for this list so best discuss that at the context list

these differences are known (and have been dsicussed there) ... in mkiv
we use opentype, don't have the ht/dp limitations and effectively have a
slight different ex value which in turn determines a couple of thing
like lineheights

(btw, in context compatibility is less important than in latex which is
often used in journals that need to be reproduced after tens of years)