[Dev-luatex] A few newbie questions

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Jan 29 10:35:28 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 01:02:26PM +0800, Yue Wang wrote:
> for LuaTeX. In ConTeXt world this is quite different, since Hans Hagen
> is a Lua+TeX+fontforge+MetaPost+whatever expert. So unless there exist
> several Hans Hagens in the LaTeX world, ordinary LaTeX users will not
> benefit from LuaTeX development.

That is why I believe that we should have some means to share must of
the lower level Lua code across macro packages. For instance writing 2
or 3 OpenType layout modules is a waste of time, is it a big task of its
own especially if you want to cover all scripts, there exists 3 free
OpenType implementations and only one gets it almost right.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team