[Dev-luatex] A few newbie questions

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Jan 28 20:27:07 CET 2009

> To be honest, I have no idea how many of those things can be done
> by freetype2, but I highly doubt its OTF support will be sufficient.

  As a matter of fact, while FreeType 1 came with a few utilities
demonstrating basic OpenType capabilities, FreeType 2 dropped them
entirely, and it seems, from browsing the documentation, that there
there is not even an OpenType-specific API in the latter (whereas there
is one for BDF, PCF, PFR fonts ...)  I've always wondered about this
fact, but couldn't find any reason for it.

  If Werner Lemberg reads the list, maybe he can enlighten us.

	Arthur