[Dev-luatex] A few newbie questions

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 28 16:51:32 CET 2009

Hi again,

Yue Wang wrote:
> So I think the huge changing work is worthy (maybe
> we can call it metapost 2.0). In fact I don't think it will take too
> much amount of work as the rewriting can on the go whenever a part is
> move out of the web file.

Actually, the pascal web portion of luatex is steadily shrinking.

If the pascal->C conversion rate stays as it is now, all traces of
pascal will be gone by the summer (but it may take a little longer,
please don't shoot me if I don't live up to the deadline).

Once that is done, the C files will be converted back into Cweb
files (this may take quite some time itself, depending on how much
source layout reorganisation needs to be done).