[Dev-luatex] XML abilities in LuaTeX

TeXWorld texworld at laposte.net
Thu Jan 22 19:39:35 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm new to LuaTeX and Lua in general and I try to find tools to process
datas stored in XML files.
I want to do this with LaTeX (pdfLuaLaTeX in TeXLive 2008) but there's
no tool. Contrary to LaTeX, ConTeXt does have abilities to work with XML
files.
Do you think it could be possible to have LuaTeX equipped with such
abilities one day ? I read in the LuaTeX reference that LuaTeX comes
with modules such as LuaZIP that is really a good thing. Do you think it
would be possible to have something like the LuaXML module added to
luatex too ?

Jack