[Dev-luatex] Wrong placement of image nodes in non left-right directions

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 22:30:02 CET 2009

Hi Khaled,

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> I was working on an older svn revision and I tried to follow rule
> handling. I redid it to use box_direction instead, I didn't spot any
> problems so far.

thanks again, i have applied it. But i'm now not sure anymore if it is
allowed to change font_direction to box_direction (as i proposed) in the
output part, since the TeX machinery may assign e. g., height/depth to
"running" \vrules and to the surrounding hboxes depending of orientation
of internal stuff. This needs to be in sync with the output part. I'll
try to check how things are packed. So maybe the font_dir --> box_dir
patch needs to be reverted...

Regards, Hartmut