[Dev-luatex] <texmf>/luatex is coming

Hans van der Meer H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Sun Jan 4 17:05:48 CET 2009

I have a few questions about this announcement.

1st question:
> Lua scripts have their place under <texmf>/scripts/lua already,
I thought the lua scripts in the cont-tmf.zip distribution are
residing in <texmf>/scripts/context/lua/. Is this a change or are they
different files?

2nd question:
In many instances the system location to place lua libraries is
somewhere like
/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/lpeg.so etc. for dynamic libraries
/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/re.lu etc. for lua coded modules
See the discussion on page 140 of the book Programming in Lua by
Roberto Ierusalimschy.
Will these locations be put on the searchpath too?
Or will the environment variables LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH, mentioned in
the above, be included in the search?

Finally a wish related to the build/make process, since that also
seems to undergo a change. At present each compilation run also
compiles ctangle. Often that program is already in the TeX
distribution. Is it possible to use that instead and resort to
compilation only when it cannot be found?

Hans van der Meer