[Dev-luatex] Q: Can LuaTeX produce xdv?

Jonathan Fine jfine at pytex.org
Fri Jan 2 19:52:56 CET 2009

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

[discussion of plans snipped]

PDF is very strong in the print field.  However, the web page is also an
important medium, and as I said in my response to Mojca, I'd like to be
able to view and interact with typeset material on a more-or-less
ordinary web page.

I'd also like to have TeX or an extension available as a typesetting
engine for an interactive graphical typesetting program.

For these reasons, and also so that LuaTeX and XeTeX could share more
code and ideas, I'd like both systems to use a common extension of DVI.

In some sense, it is this sharing of code and of ideas that is for me
the key thing.

> PS And a Happy New Year to you all!

Well said.  And from me to.

--