[Dev-luatex] md5.sum

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Dec 23 00:45:45 CET 2009

On 22 December 2009 Hartmut Henkel wrote:

 > seems to be a 32/64 bit issue. After sprinkling the md5.c code with 32
 > bit MASKs (see diff) luatex indeed gives the correct
 > 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6 on an x86_64 AMD debian Linux PC.

Many thanks to everybody who helped to find the bug, and to Hartmut,
who provided a fix.  Hartmut, did you consider already to inform the
Lua developers.  I think that this problem should be fixed upstream.

I surmise that Lua is supposed to work on 16 bit systems as well,
hence I suppose that the code has to be revised anyway.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25