[Dev-luatex] md5.sum

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 22 00:01:35 CET 2009


Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> 
>> Dear Sirs,
>> I wrote a tiny program which calculates the checksum of a file.  It
>> should provide the the same result as md5sum(1), but it doesn't.
>>
>>
>> It's possible that there are problems with line endings.  But I must
>> admit that I don't remember whether I added the binary flag to the
>> function install_file(...) before Tomek tested it.  However, the fact
>> that md5sum.tlu and md5sum(1) provide different results is not what I
>> expect.
>>
>> Any idea?
> 
> Something seems to be wrong with the library:
> 
> For example
> 
> $echo -n "test" | md5sum 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6  -
> 
> but
> 
> print(md5.sumhexa("test")) gives
> 
> 0944483cd90a293923c8244520132de1

strange, as on my machine (vista) it gives

098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6

Hans

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
      tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------


More information about the dev-luatex mailing list