[Dev-luatex] assigment to node fields ignored

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Mon Dec 21 19:24:03 CET 2009

Colleagues,

some luatex revisions ago I realised that assigments to pdf_refobj
nodes are ignored. The following assertion fails:

\directlua{

   local ref = node.new(node.id "whatsit", node.subtype "pdf_refobj")
   ref.objnum = 1
   assert(ref.objnum)

}\end

By compiling and trying several revisions back, I found that it is so
sice rev3229. Is the pdf_refobj whatsit intentionally not writable?

By the way, due to the change of pdf metatable, assignments to pdf
library table,

   pdf.whatever = true
   assert(pdf.whatever)

are ignored since rev3206. That doesn't hurt, just wanted to be sure if
this is acknowledged.
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl