[Dev-luatex] Font id from csname?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Dec 13 12:37:00 CET 2009

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:52:29AM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>>> Is there a way to retrieve internal font id from its csname, either using
>>> lua or some tex hackary?
>> {\somefont \directlua{tex.write(font.current())}
>
> Yup, I know about font.current(), but this means I've to activate the
> font first which is not some thing I can do (I need this for fontspec;
> I want to access the font table of a certain defined font that I only
> know it csname).

i remember that when a while ago taco and i discussed this that there
were some good reasons for not yet having access to all this specific
info i.e. i can imagine that tex.somefontcs returns the number but quite
some of those accessors have to wait till the whole global/local issue
of the code is resolved.

also, we're not close to 0.50 so it's unlikely that new accessors will
show up before that stable version is out