[Dev-luatex] Making a Lua Package

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Fri Sep 26 17:28:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:16:39 -0600, وفا خلیقی، Vafa Khalighi
<vafa at live.com.au> wrote:

> For next update, we are considering writing a Unicode editor

سلام وفا,

Have you looked at Unipad? It was created by a Persian team and is, in my
view, the best unicode editor out there, especially as reagrds its
implementation of bidi -- although it applies it only line-by-line. In any
case, that is the standard to match or beat, in my view.

Also, Notepad++ is a very good editor with global bidi support -- above
and beyond what Scintilla provides. My own suggestion would be to work
with Neil Hodgson and/or Don Ho to add full bidi support to Scintilla. I
have even considered the possibility of raising funding to accomplish just
that.

Please forgive my fuzuulee, Vafa ;-)

سلام and Best Wishes
Idris