[Dev-luatex] tex.currentgrouplevel

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Wed Sep 17 12:56:04 CEST 2008

Hello,

> groupLevel.  The code is a bit harder to follow for a human
> since the names change throughout, and quite a bit harder to
> follow for Lua...

Indeed. Unfortunately, Lua is pedantic that way.

> Anyway, I am not convinced that this poor man's equivalence table for
Lua
> is a sane approach to the problem,

I was trying to preserve the spirit of TeX the Macro Programming
Language.

> regardless whether tex.currentgrouplevel might be nice to have or not.

But seriously: What I'm trying to do is to store configuration data
(such as
list indentation and formatting) as (global) Lua values while preserving
TeX's
grouping mechanism so changes to the configuration can be local to a
group. I
want to use Lua values instead of TeX macros/registers, since then I can
store
complex data structures. Also, access from Lua code is easier and most
likely
faster.

Jonathan