[Dev-luatex] # => ## in \directlua

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Oct 7 13:41:37 CEST 2008

David Kastrup a écrit :
>> So `#' is transformed into `##' when passed from TeX to Lua.
>
> No, when TeX prints.
>
>> Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> Feature.  Quite an annoying one in my opinion, but there you are.

By the way, using LaTeX, the "ted" package has a command \ShowTokens
which is meant to be handy to examine token lists: is doesn't have this
"funny feature" of doubling ## (nor of addind spaces after some cs
names) and moreover, lets you know about the catcodes and distinguishes
between cs names and plain stings (unlike \show, \showtokens, etc.)

Manuel.