[Dev-luatex] luasocket

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue May 20 17:39:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've just committed the incorporation of "luasocket" by Diego Nehab,
see http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/professional/luasocket/

This allows luatex to browse the web ;-)

The lua support modules are also preloaded inside the executable, so
there are still no external file dependancies.

But a small warning is in order: The inclusion is not yet completely
finished. There is still a mis-configuration during cross-compile
build for mingw32. The problem is that on windows, luatex now needs to
be linked against the  winsock library. (On linux, sockets are built
in so it works without further configuration, I do not know the
situation on other platforms).

So crosscompilation works only after manual intervention by (after a
failed build is complete) setting

   socketlibs = -lwsock32

in build-windows/texk/web2c/Makefile, then relinking. Perhaps other
systems require similar trickery for now. I will fix this soon, but
not today.

On linux all should compile fine, and you should be able to compile
and run the examples from src/libs/luasocket/{etc,samples,test} under
"texlua" without need to change anything inside them.

Testing welcome.