[Dev-luatex] node.insert_before

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Tue May 13 09:56:10 CEST 2008

Hello,

> >> when trying to insert a node using node.insert_before, and if
<current>
> >> is equal to <head> (to make <new> the new head), the following
error is
> >> generated:
> >>
> >> 	Attempt to node.insert_before() a non-existing node
> >>
> >> The node I want to insert exists, as well as <head> and <current>.
If
> >> I manually special-case the code, just like Heiko Oberdiek does in
his
> >> luacolor package, everything works perfectly.
> >>
> >> Is this a bug? A feature? I'm using the svn trunk from last friday.
>
> It's an oversight, I will fix it in the next release.

Great! Just in case, I have prepared the following example (I do not
claim that it is the shortest possible ;-):

%&luatex

\directlua0{\unexpanded{
	head = node.new(0)
	before = node.new(0)
	after = node.new(0)

	head = node.insert_after(head, head, after)
	head = node.insert_before(head, head, before)
}}

\bye

Jonathan