[Dev-luatex] State of OpenType support

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu May 8 03:34:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 05:37:10PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi Khaled,
>
> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've some Arabic fonts that use OpenType features extensively, I tested
>> them with luaTeX but there are many broken features.
>
> There is quite a lot of Arabic OpenType support in context mkiv
> already (but it is not quite finished). It would help to know
> what fonts you are using and how you defined the font features.

I'm using a font that I'm developed myself (not finished yet), the tex
file is attached and the output and font can be found here
http://khaled.djihed.com/context/, looks like chaining contextual
substitution and mark to mark positioning aren't applied.

I also tried "Nafees Nastaliq" font
http://www.crulp.org/software/localization/Fonts/nafeesNastaleeq.html
with also broken result.

> See also the arabic chapter (XIII) in mk.pdf:
>
>  http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mk.pdf

I was actually testing the fonts under its guidance :)

Thanks,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team