[Dev-luatex] A few idle questions...

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed May 7 14:03:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

XML processing is sort of the rage of the day, and ConTeXt also has some
support for it.  What I have been wondering is whether luaexpat is on
the list of libraries where inclusion into LuaTeX would be considered.
Either directly, or as a configuration option when compiling.

For processing pure XML files or fragments, this would seem like
interesting infrastructure.

Another question: I found inclusion of the the Coco patches quite
interesting.  An application that came immediately to my mind was having
a control flow written in Lua that feeds TeX code into the TeX
interpreter and works with the result from executing these TeX
instructions, by yielding a Lua coroutine until the executed TeX code
finally resumes it.  Was that the basic intention?  Are there any
practical experiences with Coco in LuaTeX already?

All the best,
David

--
David Kastrup