[Dev-luatex] tex.sprint, -- and \par: Crash

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue May 6 12:56:42 CEST 2008

"Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> writes:

>> > Of course: With the right format, you can simply say "\crash".
>>
>> I just meant that
>>
>>   %&luatex
>>   --\par
>>
>> crashes just as easily.
>
> Btw: at BachoTeX they seemed to be a bit worried abut the future of
> "TeX Beauties and Oddities" since you fix the bugs as soon as one
> discovers them (which wasn't the case with the old TeX).
>
> So one cannot even demonstrate the weird behaviour any more as it gets
> fixed in the meantime, before the presentation starts :)

Oh, I don't think that there is any danger of that: for one thing, the
main focus of this thing is TeX, not LuaTeX.  I think that the vast
majority of the entries did not even employ eTeX, and certainly not
PDFTeX.

There will likely come a point of time when LuaTeX deserves a contest of
its own, but that would be a different league altogether.

--
David Kastrup