[Dev-luatex] process_input_buffer-callback and tex.sprint

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue May 6 11:35:48 CEST 2008

Jonathan Sauer wrote:

> Using the svn trunk as of friday afternoon, this results in a PDF file
> containing the world "Hello". " world!" is missing for some reason.
> There is no warning in the log file.

In general, tex.[s]print do not work in callbacks at the moment, and
that may be the wisest thing, because the state of the interpreter
can be a bit unpredictable at times.

An exception could be made for process_input_buffer because as you
say, it is very useful there. But I cannot do that right now because
the C code behind tex.print does not support nesting yet.  I'll add
a tracker item.