[Dev-luatex] compile flags in luatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 25 19:58:37 CET 2008

    because Taco changed the signature of convert from 3 parameters to 4
    and I don't want to introduce that change to web2c; I leave that to

Not a big deal.  I will get to it the next time I have development
minutes -- hopefully later today, else tomorrow morning, barring
emergencies.

Looking at the scripts, it might work to simply copy in the luatex
convert and add " ." to the end of line 81 in texk/web2c/Makefile.in, ie,
web2c = srcdir=$(srcdir) $(SHELL) $(srcdir)/web2c/convert .

Of course we want to preserve the cross-compiling stuff Taco has done,
which I guess for starters will mean adding
native = @NATIVEWEB@
target = @TARGET@
host  = @HOST@
from the luatex/.../web2c/Makefile.in and corresponding configure stuff.
But just to keep going for a first native build, the above might do.

    - the top-level configure needs a --without-luatex switch

Easy enough, of course.

    - the libs probably need some configure work

No doubt.  Whatever we have to do ... not like we have an option.