[Dev-luatex] compile flags in luatex

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Mar 21 14:57:00 CET 2008

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> When I compile luatex at first my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS environment
> variables are honoured, but after starting to compile files in
> luafontforge I see the default "g -O2" coming, not my settings. Why is
> this?

Because of lack of knowledge on my part. It is not intentional,
but supporting CFLAGS it was not explicitly intended either.

You can use XCFLAGS instead (and XLDFLAGS for ld), that works
at least for my purposes

> Is something somewhere reset?

No doubt about that. I'll try to do a cleaner import when I
update to the next fontforge release, but that is not trivial
because I don't want to include (or even build) a full ff release.