[Dev-luatex] \prehyphenchar

Jonathan Sauer Jonathan.Sauer at silverstroke.com
Wed Jan 23 12:53:42 CET 2008

Hello,

> Sorry, I am an idiot. I just checked the source and it says:
>
>    \prehyphenchar<char number>
>
> The idea was that this matches \patterns and \hyphenation:
> neither accepts a language number or an equals.

Hmm ... I would more expect it to match TeX's \hyphenchar (to
match \patterns, the syntax IMO would have to be \prehyphenchar
"{"<char number>"}"). But maybe I was confused by "All languages
start out with \prehyphenchar=`\- and \posthyphenchar=0".

OTOH, it is an integer parameter, so I might have thought that
there would be an optional equals sign just as with TeX's other
integer parameters (even though this one is not global, but
language-specific).

Jonathan