[Dev-luatex] reimplementing various scripts in texlua

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Jan 18 15:47:13 CET 2008

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> Hi Lua Gurus,
>
> we are planning to reimplement various scripts which are at the core of
> TeX Live (and many other TeX distributions) in texlua. I guess all of
> you know what we are talking about:
> 	mktexlsr, updmap, fmtutil, mktexupd, mktexnam, ...
>
> As a finger exercise in lua programming I started implementing mktexupd.
> Ok, it is not perfect, but AFAIS it does the same as the shell
> scripts.

For something going through a directory tree, the coroutine-based
approach I contributed to
<URL:http://lua-users.org/wiki/DirTreeIterator>
might be worth looking at.

It's quite to the point and shows the power of coroutines in Lua
(basically somewhat related to programming with bidirectional pipes).

--
David Kastrup