[Dev-luatex] os.exec and waiting for process

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jan 18 08:50:40 CET 2008

On Fr, 18 Jan 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> For that, you should use os.execute() from the core lua.
> The function os.exec() *replaces* the current process with
> the to-be-executed process, and never returns.

Arg, thanks. I was a bit misguided and thought that os.exec from texlua
was the same. Thanks for clarifying that.

Best wishes

Norbert

BOOK	...Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than
	dolphins because he had achieved so much... the wheel, New York,
	wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck
	about in the water having a good time. But conversely the
	dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent than man for
	precisely the same reasons.