[Dev-luatex] kpse.find_file

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 18 11:52:47 CET 2008

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>> Is there anything wrong with the XDvi entry?  It produces correct
>> output but why are the other entries 'nil'?
>
> Not with that entry itself, but kpathsea only initializes
> its file search paths once per file type. You asked it to
> set up "other text files" for xdvi, but it will not re-
> initialize for the later dvipdfm (it *will* initialize
> new types for dvipdfm now, but that is too late to help).
>
> I can try to fix this, but I don't know yet how hard that
> will be (kpathsea was never written for use as a general-
> purpose library)

it probably involves rehashing and such; since multiple prognames per
application are rather special and probably only take place in setup
scripts, i think that just reinitializing kpse is the most simple approach;

normally kpse is initialized at the first usage, so maybe it's just a
matter of resetting a flag that tells the library that it needs to
reinitialize (probably a reload of lsr files, but that's no big deal in
setup scripts)