[Dev-luatex] again problems ..., os.spawn and spaces in names

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Feb 8 15:42:10 CET 2008

Hi Taco,

On Fr, 08 Feb 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> That's why I thought. You can try adding extra quote characters
> around all arguments with spaces in them, has says that has a
> tendency to help.

I added quotes around the args, now the debug statment gives
me:
	DEBUG:	1	"c:/tl test/...."
	DEBUG:	2	"c:/tl test/...."
and there is NO error, but also nothing happens. Normally the called
perl scripts issues something, and needs some time for loading, but this
here does nothing, it looks like nothing is spawned.

Strange enough it looks like this only happens on windows. I created a
directory "a b", did put a sh there, and a script bla.sh doing a echo,
and a bla.lua that does os.spawn on the full path, ie somehting like
	os.spawn("/home/norbert/a b/sh","/home/norbert/a b/bla.sh")
(ok that two arguments are put into a table before sending it to spawn)
and the "Hello World" was echoed. So this seems to be something strange
on win32.

Best wishes

Norbert