[Dev-luatex] again problems ..., os.spawn and spaces in names

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Feb 8 15:27:50 CET 2008

Hi David, hi Taco,

On Fr, 08 Feb 2008, David Kastrup wrote:
> Isn't that obvious?  A pseudo command line is created and called, and
> Perl splits it at the first space, disregarding the quoting.

No it is not. AFAIS from the source code there is no shell involved
here, that is what did surprise me.

But I may be wrong, there are so many definitions around in
loslibsomething.c that I was lost.

> Since the correct interpreter actually gets called, it would seem like

I am not sure, why please does perl get its own path as argument? That
cannot be explained with the space splitting AFAIS.

> the culprit here would be your Perl interpreter or its runtime
> libraries/environment.

Hmm, that perl works with spaces in names files, we have tested it.

Best wishes

Norbert