[Dev-luatex] again problems ..., os.spawn and spaces in names

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Feb 8 15:21:08 CET 2008

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> Hi Taco,
>
> I have again a strange thing happening:
>
> 	for i,v in pairs(command) do print("DEBUG: ",i,v) end
> 	ret = os.spawn(command)
>
> gives me:
> 	DEBUG:	1	C:/tl test/2008/tlpkg/tlperl/bin/perl.exe
> 	DEBUG:	2	c:/tl test/2008/texmf/scripts/texlive/generate-updmap.pl
> Can't open perl script "test/2008/tlpkg/tlperl/bin/perl.exe": No such file or directory
>
> Do you have any idea where this is coming from? It seems perl is telling
> me something about opening itself??? I am a bit surprised about that.
>
> Do you have any suggestion? Thanks!

Isn't that obvious?  A pseudo command line is created and called, and
Perl splits it at the first space, disregarding the quoting.

Since the correct interpreter actually gets called, it would seem like
the culprit here would be your Perl interpreter or its runtime
libraries/environment.

--
David Kastrup