[Dev-luatex] Modifying the LuaTeX Engine

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Dec 30 17:13:49 CET 2008

>>Furthermore you all talk about LTR and RTL, but what about vertical typesetting, in the Chinese or in >the Mongolian way? Obviously TeX-e-Parsi doesn't care about that.
>
> It's true. and I think Omega did not handle that well either.

  Actually, Omega did a reasonable job, the bottleneck was that no
conforming font was available.  The examples I sent in my other mail use
exclusively Omega features, apart for the part where I play with the
font callback (the 2nd step in my file).

  I did experiments with Manju in Omega half a dozen years ago, using
Oliver Corff's MonTeX / ManjuTeX system as a starting point.  I wrote
OTP, I modified the Type 1 fonts and the metrics and it worked fine, but
the files have long been lost.

	Arthur