[Dev-luatex] Modifying the LuaTeX Engine

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Dec 30 17:06:34 CET 2008

> What?  I'm confident that all of us have a great respect and admiration for
> Donald Knuth and his work, and that none of us worship him.

  Just out of interest, how do you know this?  I, myself, indulge in daily
practice of libations and creed in honor of His achievements.  I consider using
TeX a commitment whose extent can only be truly expressed by observing the
appropriate forms and rites.

  I encourage you, and all other users of TeX and similar programs to do the
same.  This is, in His words, what Knuth asked of us.  For myself, when I use
TeX, I mean to honor the program that Donald Knuth wrote for us.  To do
otherwise is against the spirit if not the letter of Knuth's wishes.

  Obviously, I don't expect that everyone's faith be as strong as mine, but I
am confident that TeX believers will, in time, find a suitable manner for
expressing their reverence.  And of course, where it comes to celebrations, I
trust that all of us enjoy the occasional naked dance around the bonfire at
BachoTeX, during Walpurgis Night (und raubt man uns den alten Brauch, / dein
Licht, wer kann es rauben?).

	Arthur

--
  Tutto nel mondo è burla!